We regret that as of January 1 2016, management
of the Fraser River Heritage Park has moved from the Mission Heritage
Association to the District of Mission's Parks and Recreation department.
1. Administration Building / Park Info Centre
2. Ernest Jacobsen Rose Garden
3. Norma Kenney House / Blackberry Kitchen
4. Tennis Court : used only by the Oblate Priests and Sisters of St. Ann
5. Memorial Garden - Small Staff Residence : housed male supervisors and maintenance staff. The foundations of this building were used to create the Memorial Garden
6. Band Stand - Small Staff Residence : two story building that was once a home for two families. The remnants of this building are almost entirely covered by the Bandstand/Gazebo
7. Washrooms - Small Storage Shed : for farm vehicles and equipment
8. Park Entrance Gateway
9. Auto Shop : site of vehicle repairs and vocational training for the First Nations boys
10. Old Slaughterhouse and Fire Brigade House
11. Classroom : Grade 10 was taught here
12. Park Totem Picnic Area
13. Classroom and Root Cellar : Grades 7 and 8 were taught here. Underground was a root cellar where the vegetables produced in the garden area were stored.
14. Bell Tower : Houses the old school bell from 1875
15. Mission House, Chapel, and Boys' Dormitory : Built in 1884, this three story building housed all of the boys on the third floor and the Oblate priests on the second floor. The chapel, playhall, and the senior classroom were on the first floor.
16. Kitchen and Dining Hall : Everyone in the Mission ate here in segregated dining areas.
17. Furnace Boiler Room : Coal was burnt here to send steam heat to all of the Mission buildings via underground pipes.
18. Heritage Garden - Chapel : The chapel burned down in 1930 and the large Memorial Garden now stands on the site.
19. Girls' Dormitory and Chapel : Built in 1884, this housed all the girls and the Sisters of St. Ann, and was laid out similarly to the boys' residence.
20. Laundry House : Run by nuns and students.
21. Milking Barn : Prize-winning Holstein cows were raised here by the priests and the boys. There was silo behind the barn.
22. Bakery : Produced baked goods for the school.
23. Classroom : Grade 9 and Home Economics classes were taught here.
24. Classrooms : Two story building that housed Grades 2-4 inclusive.
25. Gymnasium : Referred to as the "New Gym", and built in the late 1940s or early 1950s.
26. Boxing Gym : The "Old Gym" was converted for use as a boxing gym for the boys.
27. Dairy : Produced milk and butter for the Mission.
28. Milking Barn : Prize-winning Holsteins were raised by the priests and the boys
29. Straw and Manure Shed : Used as a storage place, with a bull pen behind.
30. Pig Pen : The students helped in the maintenance and care of the pigs.
31. The Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes : Originally built in 1892 as a shrine to the Virgin Mary, the grotto became the site of yearly pilgrimages, religious ceremonies, and passion plays. (the grotto is actually farther northeast than depicted here)
O.M.I. cemetery : This was the burial site for all the priests, nuns, and students of the Mission. Father Lemure was the first priest to be buried here in 1870.